Check out the Daily RotoAdvice Top Picks where we’re still digging the guys in the pinstripes.
Dollar values found on Fantasy Alarm and on related game-specific sites.
The Daily goes through the top pitchers and hitters, their values and discounts for tonight’s action. As always, check weather and lineups before games.
The Slate (7/30):
|Blue Jays||Red Sox||7:10pm||
- Chicago White Sox @ Detroit
- Seattle @ Cleveland
The Pitchers (7/30):
Top $$$$ Pick:
Zack Greinke, Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Atlanta
Greinke has been on his game, especially at home, so he gets the nod over King Felix in Cleveland and Scherzer at home vs. the White Sox, especially considering the inconsistent Braves are less lethal than the Indians or Chicago.
Jesse Hahn, San Diego Padres vs. St. Louis
Using the home park, Hahn’s near Top $$$ status and the weaker Cardinals on the mid-tier pick. Hahn has been getting the Ks done as well, getting nearly Greinke-like point totals across the industry thus far.
DISCOUNT RACK (IF YOU DARE):
Danny Duffy, Kansas City Royals vs. Minnesota
I’ve targeted him, I’ve put him in the space. My on-again, off-again touting of Danny Duffy is on again, against the whiffy Twins in Kansas City tonight. He still hasn’t crept above 5IP/game for the season, but he’s rising somewhat and should be good against Minnesota, who aren’t particularly frisky on the road and against LHP.
The Hitters (7/30):
Again, be sure to check lineups and weather changes as well before locking down your rosters.
TOP FOUR TEAMS TO TARGET FOR BATS:
- New York Yankees @ Texas (Colby Lewis)
- Detroit Tigers vs. Chicago White Sox (Hector Noesi)
- Toronto Blue Jays @ Boston (Brandon Workman)
- Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies (Brett Anderson)
Top Hitters on Fantasy Aces :
TOP FIVE $$$$ PICKS (5.2K and higher):
- Mike Trout, Angels, $6,100
- Miguel Cabrera, Tigers, $6,100
- Melky Cabrera, Blue Jays, $5,500
- Nelson Cruz, Orioles, $5,500
- Jacoby Ellsbury, Yankees, $5,300
TOP TEN MID-TIER PICKS (4.6K-5.15K)
- Dustin Pedroia, Red Sox, $5,050
- Mike Napoli, Red Sox, $5,000
- Shane Victorino, Red Sox, $4,900
- Manny Machado, Orioles, $4,850
- Josh Hamilton, Angels, $4,800
- Juan Francisco, Blue Jays, $4,800
- Matt Kemp, Dodgers, $4,750
- Mark Teixeira, Yankees, $4,750
- Brett Gardner, Yankees, $4,700
- Dioner Navarro, Blue Jays, $4,600
TOP TEN(ish) DISCOUNT RACK PICKS (Below 4.6K):
- Brian McCann, Yankees, $4,550 (Nice middle of the lineup catching option with good matchup)
- Nick Markakis, Orioles, $4,550 (Leading off, strong lineup, RHP Weaver not as good away from Anaheim)
- Josh Willingham, Twins, $4,550 (Cleanup hitting, vs. LHP power)
- Danny Santana, Twins, $4,500 (Leading off vs. LHP Duffy)
- Colby Rasmus, Blue Jays, $4,450 (Good matchup in BOS vs. Workman, batting sixth)
- Scott Van Slyke, Dodgers, $4,400 (Good vs. LHP play at home in LA)
- Jonny Gomes, Red Sox, $4,250 (Batting fifth vs. LHP Buehrle, cheap power)
- Alex Avila, Tigers, $4,000 (Cheap catching option in good matchup vs. RHP Noesi)
- Arismendy Alcantara, Cubs, $4,000 (Producing nearly 3 ppg out of the second slot in the lineup)
- Munenori Kawasaki, Blue Jays, $3,700 (In the Toronto lineup with a good matchup, batting seventh, low MI price)
MINIMUM SPECIAL (3,500):
- Christian Vazquez, Red Sox (Cheap catching punt vs. LHP, good matchup)
- Jim Adduci, Rangers (Batting fifth vs. RHP Kuroda)
- Brendan Ryan, Yankees (Batting ninth but good matchup, MI punt)
Check back as lineups post as we may slide some more discount rack players in as surprise postings arise.