Check out the Daily RotoAdvice Top Picks where we’re betting on the longball.
Dollar values found on Fantasy Alarm and on related game-specific sites.
The Daily goes through the top pitchers and hitters, their values and discounts for tonight’s action. As always, check weather and lineups before games.
The Slate (7/21):
|Red Sox||Blue Jays||7:07pm||
The Pitchers (7/21)
Top $$$$ Pick:
Julio Teheran, Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins
This is strictly a performance and price play, as Chris Sale has the Royals at home and has been sensational of late. Teheran has the Marlins, who strike out quite a bit and has them at home as well. Mix in the 15-20% off price tag, the better odds to win and have a lower scoring game, and Teheran comes out as the better pick on the top tier tonight.
Jon Niese, New York Mets @ Seattle
Not a lot to like outside the Top Tier tonight, but Niese is in Seattle, where the Mariners are a bottom five hitting team at home and vs. LHP. Also, his opponent is the struggling Roenis Elias, and the Mets hit LHP pretty well this season.
DISCOUNT RACK (IF YOU DARE):
Shane Greene, New York Yankees vs. Texas
Greene is the best favorite to win at home and the Rangers are fourth worst vs. RHP this season. Greene has been steady with a 93mph fastball and just under a 9% SwStr rate. Note of caution is that the Rangers have hit much better on the road this season than at home. If you’re taking a flyer at low priced pitching you can cross your fingers here, hope to get 6IP, 5Ks, 7-8 H/W and get out of there with win points.
The Hitters (7/21):
Again, be sure to check lineups and weather changes as well before locking down your rosters.
- Miami @ Atlanta
- Cleveland @ Minnesota
TEAMS TO TARGET FOR BATS:
- Washington Nationals @ Colorado (Franklin Morales)
- Colorado Rockies vs. Washington (Doug Fister)
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. Boston (John Lackey)
- Detroit Tigers @ Arizona (Vidal Nuno)
Top Hitters on Fantasy Aces :
TOP FIVE $$$$ PICKS (5.2K and higher):
- Mike Trout, Angels, $6,150
- Jose Abreu, White Sox, $6,000
- Miguel Cabrera, Tigers, $6,000
- Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies, $6,000 (check lineup, cramp kept him out on Sunday)
- Jose Bautista, Blue Jays, $5,350
TOP TEN MID-TIER PICKS (4.6K-5.2K)
- Jay Bruce, Reds, $5,000
- Ryan Zimmerman, Nationals, $4,900
- Brian Dozier, Twins, $4,850
- Conor Gillaspie & Adam Dunn, White Sox, $4,800
- Corey Dickerson, Rockies, $4,750
- Brett Gardner, Yankees, $4,700
- Bryce Harper, Nationals, $4,700
- Austin Jackson, Tigers, $4,600
- Brock Holt, Red Sox, $4,600
DISCOUNT RACK (Below 4.6K):
- Danny Santana, Twins, $4,500 (Leading off again vs. weaker LHP)
- Jose Harrison, Pirates, $4,500 (Leading off vs. Ryu in Pittsburgh)
- Colby Rasmus, Blue Jays, $4,450 (Power play vs. Lackey in Rogers Centre, cheap entry into this game)
- Wilson Ramos, Nationals, $4,350 (Righties hit home runs vs. Rockies starter Morales. Ramos is an inexpensive catching option with pop.)
- Kelly Johnson, Yankees, $4,350 (Batting fifth in good matchup vs. RHP)
- Josh Rutledge, Rockies, $4,350 (likely to play if Tulowitzki misses another game with cramp)
- Derek Jeter, Yankees, $4,300 (always batting second, has been hitting and scoring)
- DJ Lemahieu, Rockies, $4,250 (cheap entry into Coors vs. Fister)
- Gaby Sanchez, Pirates, $4,200 (Batting cleanup vs. LHP Ryu tonight)
- Grady Sizemore, Phillies, $4,200 (still leading off for PHL)
- Tommy La Stella, Braves, $4,100 (still a worthy play vs. RHP at this price, batting second on Monday)
- Jordy Mercer, Pirates, $4,100 (sneaky play vs. LHP, always cheap and delivers)
- Didi Gregorius, Diamondbacks, $3,950 (not leading off anymore, but still producing close to 3ppg for less than 4K)
- Jake Smolinski, Rangers, $3,650 (Hitting over .400 in the five slot for Texas)