Check out the Daily RotoAdvice Top Picks where we’re remembering this guy.
Dollar values found on Fantasy Alarm and on related game-specific sites.
The Daily goes through the top pitchers and hitters, their values and discounts for tonight’s action. As always, check weather and lineups before games.
The Slate (7/31):
- None! (as of this posting)
The Pitchers (7/31):
Top $$$$ Pick:
Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Atlanta
Johnny Cueto has a good matchup in Miami, but the Reds are completely broken offensively and Miami is the 12th best home hitting team, better than the 23rd best road record of the Braves, who were locked up really good by Zack Greinke last night.
Yordano Ventura, Kansas City Royals vs. Minnesota
Difficult mid-tier today, and we’re not seeing the old, typical Cliff Lee out there, so we’ll dial it down and tap Ventura tonight at home against the Twins, who are having difficulty scoring runs in Kansas City so far. Ventura’s K-rate hast been modest, but he’s still over 10% on SwStr and the Twins whiff a bit more than average.
DISCOUNT RACK (IF YOU DARE):
Tom Koehler, Miami Marlins vs. Cincinnati
I’m not a Koehler fan, but any means, but the Reds lineup is awfully busted up right now, leading to anemic offensive results. Johnny Cueto is by far not the best matchup, either, but the Marlins are a better than average hitting team at home and they may squeak one out here. For the discount rack, squeaking out a win against an offensively challenged team is worthing checking out.
The Hitters (7/31):
Again, be sure to check lineups and weather changes as well before locking down your rosters.
TOP FOUR TEAMS TO TARGET FOR BATS:
- Toronto Blue Jays @ Houston (Jarred Cosart)
- Houston Astros vs. Toronto Blue Jays (Drew Hutchison)
- Pittsburgh Pirates @ Arizona Diamondbacks (Josh Collmenter)
- Washington Nationals vs. Philadelphia (Cliff Lee)
Top Hitters on Fantasy Aces :
TOP FIVE $$$$ PICKS (5.2K and higher):
- Paul Goldschmidt, Diamondbacks, $5,750
- Andrew McCutchen, Pirates, $5,700
- Melky Cabrera, Blue Jays, $5,500
- Nelson Cruz, Orioles, $5,500
- Michael Brantley, Indians, $5,300
TOP TEN MID-TIER PICKS (4.6K-5.15K)
- Anthony Rendon, Nationals, $5,000
- Todd Frazier, Reds, $4,950
- Denard Span, Nationals, $4,800
- Gregory Polanco, Pirates, $4,800
- Sal Perez, Royals, $4,800
- Juan Francisco, Blue Jays, $4,800
- Matt Kemp, Dodgers, $4,750
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks, $4,700
- Jason Castro, Astros, $4,650
- Dioner Navarro, Blue Jays, $4,600
TOP TEN DISCOUNT RACK PICKS (Below 4.6K):
- Nick Markakis, Orioles, $4,550 (Leading off, strong lineup, RHP Weaver not as good away from Anaheim)
- Dustin Ackley, Mariners, $4,500 (Leading off in goo d matchup vs. RHP McAllister)
- Colby Rasmus, Blue Jays, $4,450 (Good matchup in Houston vs. RHP Cosart, batting sixth)
- Alcides Escobar, Royals, $4,450 (Good production, good matchup vs. Kevin Correia)
- Ryan Ludwick, Reds, $4,450 (Batting fourth vs. RHP Koehler, who has reverse split issues with righties)
- Jon Singleton, Astros, $4,150 (Batting sixth vs. RHP Hutchison, who struggles vs. lefty power)
- Jarrod Dyson, Royals, $4,100 (Leading off in great matchup vs. RHP Correia)
- Marc Krauss, Astros, 3,950 (Batting fifth vs. Hutchison, see Singleton)
- Efren Navarro, Angels, $3,800 (Hitting well and facing RHP Norris on the road)
- Munenori Kawasaki, Blue Jays, $3,700 (In the Toronto lineup with a good matchup, batting seventh, low MI price)
MINIMUM SPECIAL(s) (3,500):
- Jordany Valdespin, Marlins (Batting second vs. Cueto)
- Jack Hannahan, Reds (Batting seventh vs. RHP Koehler)
- Jose Ramirez, Indians (Surprise, you’re batting second vs. Chris Young. What? Who’s Asdrubal Cabrera? )
Check back as lineups post as we may slide some more discount rack players in as surprise postings arise.