Check out the Daily RotoAdvice Top Picks where we think the Tigers are great tonight at Chicago.
Dollar values found on Fantasy Alarm and on related game-specific sites.
The Daily goes through the top pitchers and hitters, their values and discounts for tonight’s action. As always, check weather and lineups before games.
The Slate (8/29):
Detroit @ Chicago White Sox
Cleveland @ Kansas City
Chicago Cubs @ St. Louis
The Pitchers (8/29):
Top $$$$ Pick:
Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners vs. Washington
Felix has been the man and he’s at home. He stands to K the most, have the lowest runs against and has park effects in his favor. Sure, baseball is weird and things can happen to tear away from the aforementioned advantages, but do you want to bet against it? I don’t. Long live the King.
Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
Verlander is not the same as in his Cy Young prime, but he has a pretty tasty matchup, even on the road. The White Sox aren’t the scariest at home, as Carrasco proved in the DR last night. Verlander’s splits show he’s been better away from Comerica this season, for what that’s worth and his opponent is the ever-targetable Scott Carroll, so Verlander’s already got an inside track for the win. Jinx!
DISCOUNT RACK (IF YOU DARE):
Shelby Miller, St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs
Between Colby Lewis two nights ago and Carlos Carrasco last night, this Shelby Miller pick falls way more onto the Colby Lewis side, where I know the pitcher is flawed, but the numbers nudge me along to him anyway when it comes to the DR. Miller has struggled with control all season, but his home run rate is significantly better at home than otherwise. The Cubs whiff and they aren’t particularly patient. If Anthony Rizzo is still out with back pain, all the better.
Again, be sure to check lineups and weather changes as well before locking down your rosters.
The Hitters: (8/29)
TOP FOUR TEAMS TO TARGET FOR BATS:
- Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox (Scott Carroll)
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Chris Capuano)
- Houston Astros vs. Texas (Scott Baker)
- Baltimore Orioles vs. Minnesota (Trevor May)
Top Hitters on Fantasy Aces :
TOP FIVE $$$$ PICKS (5.2K and higher):
- Mike Trout, Angels, $5,800
- Victor Martinez, Tigers, $5,600
- Justin Upton, Braves, $5,600
- Jose Bautista, Blue Jays, $5,350
- Jose Altuve, Astros, $5,250
TOP TEN MID-TIER PICKS (4.6K-5.15K)
- Edwin Encarnacion, Blue Jays, $5,150
- Corey Dickerson, Rockies, $5,150
- Kyle Seager, Mariners, $5,100
- Joe Mauer, Twins, $4,900
- Chris Carter, Astros, $4,900
- Anthony Rizzo, Cubs, $4,900
- Lucas Duda, Mets, $4,850
- Dexter Fowler, Astros, $4,750
- Danny Santana, Twins, $4,750
- Evan Gattis, Braves, $4,700
TOP TEN(ish) DISCOUNT RACK PICKS (Below 4.6K):
- Kennys Vargas, Twins, $4,400 (Price is rising and with good reason. Good matchup vs. RHP Gonzalez)
- Jon Singleton, Astros, $4,400 (Really good matchup vs. RHP Baker, who really struggles vs. lefties on the road)
- Avisail Garcia, White Sox, $4,350 (Cleanup hitting for DR prices, over 3ppg, good value no matter the matchup)
- Delmon Young, Orioles, $4,300 (Batting middle of the lineup, good matchup vs. RHP May)
- David Peralta, Diamondbacks, $4,300 (Can’t believe I left him off the first pass, great play tonight vs. RHP Bergman)
- Marwin Gonzalez, Astros, $4,150 (Excellent value right now in the MI, leading off and great matchup vs. Baker)
- Zach Walters, Indians, $4,100 (All or nothing power MI, very inexpensive)
- Adam Rosales, Rangers, $3,950 (Good matchup for the production level, still qualifies at MI)
- Danny Valencia, Blue Jays, $3,900 (vs. LHP specialist, batting sixth in what looks to be a good matchup in Toronto vs. LHP Capuano)
- Marc Krauss, Astros, $3,950 (Pure power option at CI in that excellent Texas matchup)
- Daniel Robertson, Rangers, $3,800 (Leading off tonight in decent matchup vs. LHP Oberholtzer)
- Jose Ramirez, Indians, $3,700 (Indians have been trusting him in the #2 slot, has Vargas on the road tonight.
The Best of MINIMUM SPECIAL(s) (3,500):
- Jake Marisnick, Astros (Decent play here in a good matchup)
- Matt den Decker, Mets (Good matchup vs. RHP Buchanan tonight)
- Mookie Betts, Red Sox (Playing well, won’t be minimum much longer.)
Check back as lineups post as we may slide some more discount rack players in as surprise postings arise.